I know you aren't supposed to have favorites, but I do. This is Beflowered.
She is 74" x 96" and her Kona rainbow palette makes me happy. Her big, varied, blossoms make me happy. She uses big 8" triangles (gotta keep it simple somehow) cut using a 60 degree Creative Grids ruler and I love her. Really really love her.
Of course, I had to have Deborah Norris quilt her and love how it turned out. Deborah scattered special little motifs throughout the quilt and I just keep seeing new things every time I looked at it.
|Oh my - look at the little curlicues around the edges!|
|and the little leaves!|
|And the curls with the sunny rays! (None of which I am personally capable of executing...)|
The Beflowered patterns are at the printer but will be back soon. To make her, you need:
- Background Fabrics - 1/2 yard of 16 fabrics; select 8 colors and chose a light and medium shade of each
- Flowers - 4 yards (Kona® 1387 White)
- Flower Centers - 3/8 yard (Kona® 1089 Corn Yellow)
- Accent Triangles - 2 yards (Kona® 1173 Ice Frappe)
- Binding - 1-1/8 yard (Kona® 1009 Azure )
- Backing - 6 yards (Kona® 1009 Azure )
- Fusible Web - 10 yards (24” Warm Company® Steam-A-Seam 2)
- Tear-Away Stabilizer - 10 yards (Sulky® Tear-Easy Stabilizer)
- Appliqué Thread - 30 wt. Sulky® White cotton appliqué thread
- Triangle Ruler 8” - 60° Triangle Ruler from Creative Grids®