I won't be going to Quilt Market, but will be unveiling 8 new patterns here and through distributors. Four are reprints of my most popular magazine patterns and 4 are brand new!
I've been experimenting with quilt designs that make use of simple blocks set in different ways - where the divisions between blocks aren't always obvious. This is definitely the case in the first of my new patterns. It is called "Bedazzled", and its interlocking pattern is made from just one block!
Here are some close-ups....
Isn't Deborah Norris's quilting just beautiful?
Even better, those semicircles are charm pack friendly! I used 2 Kona Pastels charm packs, but you could use your favorite prints too!
Bedazzled is 62" x 86" and will be ready to ship by mid-November. For those who like to plan ahead, it requires:
- Semicircles - 48 (5”) squares (2 Kona® Pastel Charm Packs)
- Background - 2-1/2 yards (Kona® 1003 Amethyst)
- Chains Color A - 1 yard (Kona® 1191 Lilac)
- Chains Color B - 1 yard (Kona® 199 Cactus)
- Inner Border - 3/4 yard (Kona® 1387 White)
- Middle Border - 1/2 yard (Kona® 1189 Lavender)
- Outer Border - 1-1/4 yard (Kona® 199 Cactus)
- Binding - 3/4 yard for straight grain binding or 1-1/8 yard for bias binding (Kona® 199 Cactus)
- Backing - 5-1/2 yards (Kona® 1189 Lavender)
- Fusible Web - 2-3/4 yards (24” Warm Company® Steam-A-Seam 2)
- Tear-Away Stabilizer - 2-3/4 yards (Sulky® Tear-Easy Stabilizer)
- Appliqué Thread - 30 wt. Sulky® cotton appliqué thread