I'm so excited to present my newest free pattern - Springtime Coasters! This project is especially fun because the largest required cuts of fabric are 5" squares (fourteen 5" squares, to be exact, to make four coasters), so you can use all your colorful scraps!
Tie it up with a ribbon for a lovely hostess gift... or Mother's Day gift. (Mom, if you are reading this, this doesn't NECESSARILY refer to your gift - so you will have to wait and see!)
While I'm at it, I'd like to share a recipe for Raspberry Lemonade, which we made especially for these photos, because it is so pretty and it's delicious too.
This lemonade is very tart. Add more sugar if you prefer a sweet taste!
• 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
• 8 large lemons
• 2/4 cup sugar
• 8 cups water
- Pour frozen raspberries into the bottom of a big pitcher.
- Cut 6 of your lemons in half and squeeze out the juice with a lemon squeezer.
- Combine lemon juice and sugar in a saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Pour the lemon/sugar mixture into your pitcher. Add water and stir.
- Chill overnight or until cold.
- Slice the remaining lemons for garnish.
- Serve your beautiful raspberry lemonade over ice with a slice of lemon!
And now for some close-ups of the coasters. I chose to quilt around the flowers by hand, with really thick Pearl Cotton, but you can also do it by machine.