Friday, January 20, 2012

Webcents

Imagine my surprise when a few people emailed me this weekend saying that they had seen a version of my Garden Paths quilt on the cover of WebCents. Turns out WebCents is a new publication put out by FabShopNews and Garden Paths made the premiere issue!

It was sewn up in batiks and I love how it looks!  Garden Paths is my best seller, although Blossoms and Bejeweled aren't far behind.  I think it is because Garden Paths uses a jelly roll in an unusual way, as Blossoms does with a stack of 10'' squares.  I can't quite figure out Bejeweled.  I didn't know if there was a market for it, with all those yo-yos, but I loved it anyway (with the vertical design it looks fantastic on a bed) and decided to publish it.  Apparently there are a lot of people like me out there who like to have something to do in carpool lines and doctor's offices etc., because it has done really well so far.  Thanks, you all!

Happy sewing, everyone!
Amanda

6 Comments:

At January 20, 2012 at 2:18 PM , Blogger Michele said...

Very cool and congrats though I would have thought that they would have let you know in advance if they were going to publish you.

 
At January 20, 2012 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Dianne Mitzel said...

So proud of you, Amanda, you are really making a name for yourself in the quilting world..Your patterns are so fresh and colorful, and I can't wait to try this one. The cover on Fons and Porter is beautiful, graced by your lovely quilt!!









s

 
At January 20, 2012 at 7:57 PM , Blogger Debby said...

I LOVE Bejeweled, the pattern is setting on my bedside table to look at each night before I go to bed. That quilt will be all mine as soon as I can get a few more charity quilts knocked out. Not really looking forward to all the yoyo's but what the heck they are oh so cute I just gotta have them all. Congrats on the new cover!!

 
At January 20, 2012 at 9:12 PM , Blogger ritainalaska said...

bejeweled is my favorite, too. i've got it on my list of to-do's!

 
At January 21, 2012 at 5:39 AM , Blogger Purl Buttons said...

Congratulations. I would be so proud of that! P.S., I think I like Bejeweled the best but Garden Pats is cute in the brights.

 
At January 21, 2012 at 7:04 AM , Blogger Snoodles said...

Congratulations! So happy to hear of your successes - your patterns really are wonderful, and I know it must make you happy to see them on these publications! Bravo!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

1 2 3 Amanda Murphy Design: Webcents 4 12 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 25 26 27

Webcents

28
Imagine my surprise when a few people emailed me this weekend saying that they had seen a version of my Garden Paths quilt on the cover of WebCents. Turns out WebCents is a new publication put out by FabShopNews and Garden Paths made the premiere issue!

It was sewn up in batiks and I love how it looks!  Garden Paths is my best seller, although Blossoms and Bejeweled aren't far behind.  I think it is because Garden Paths uses a jelly roll in an unusual way, as Blossoms does with a stack of 10'' squares.  I can't quite figure out Bejeweled.  I didn't know if there was a market for it, with all those yo-yos, but I loved it anyway (with the vertical design it looks fantastic on a bed) and decided to publish it.  Apparently there are a lot of people like me out there who like to have something to do in carpool lines and doctor's offices etc., because it has done really well so far.  Thanks, you all!

Happy sewing, everyone!
Amanda
29 30 31 32