I turn my head for 5 minutes and this one turns 12!
I swear it was only yesterday that she looked like this....
At each of our children's birthdays, I think that I can't possibly enjoy their new age any more than their last, yet I always do.
Here are some of the things I appreciate most about Caitrin at age 12:
- She is tremendously empathetic.
- She is determined... about everything... always. (Frustrating in a toddler, but a much appreciated trait in a young lady.)
- She is wickedly funny - with an acute, dry wit that can catch you by surprise.
- She is much more organized than I am.
- She lets me think that I am much more organized than I am.
Note the customized pockets that I've added. I'm showing you all the pockets, rather than the completed bag, because, although it is now one day after Caitrin's birthday, I haven't completed the bag. My excuse is that we are in Nutcracker season; consequently, I am adding 24-hour chaffeur to my job description.
Caitrin says she is thrilled with the customized pockets. Have I mentioned that she lets me think I am much more organized than I am?
Happy birthday, Cait. One day (and one bag) late.
Love you so much that it makes me feel as if my heart will burst (and, OF COURSE, you too, Bob!),